- My Car Manual
Escort RS Cosworth
Sierra RS Cosworth
Owning a FordAdvantages:
- Driver-oriented interior design. The cars’ space is organized to produce better comfort and physical support for a driver. Cars are also roomy and have extra space for the driver’s legs and head.
- Reduced maintenance cost. Ford cars need less spends on maintenance if compared to other cars of the same segment. The Ford service centers are located worldwide which allows buying extra details or accessories without delivery fees.
- Functionality. Ford cars are well-equipped for their original aims. For example, family-oriented models have extra space for luggage, pets, baby-care items, etc. Trucks have a good towing capacity, and pick-ups are perfectly designed for heavy-weight jobs.
- Choice. Ford offers one of the widest range of models to choose from. Alongside sedans, there are many cars for professional use, coupes, minis, hybrids, etc.
- Technology issues. Recent market studies show that Ford cars have some technical issues. Common problems include minor leaks and indicators’ failures. While none of the issues led to serious troubles, they may make driving less comfortable.
- Low rust protection. Popular Ford models like Fiesta are often reported to be weakly protected against rust.
HistoryThe Ford company is a revolutionary car producer. The company first appeared in the USA in order to sell innovative inventions of Henry Ford. A decade after the company was founded; it became an absolute monopolist in the car industry in the US.
The company needed 5 years only, to design its unique A, B, C, F, K, N, R, S class models. In 1908 Ford presented a Model-T automobile that became incredibly popular and was bought by several million customers within 20 years. Later the model received a new name and got the first safety glass among US automobiles. The greatest step towards the total popularization of the automobiles was the creation of the low-priced cars in 1932.
The Ford company was one of the first producers who worked not only to provide the comfort for passengers but also to care greatly for the safety. Ford was among pioneers, presenting its early seatbelts, padding dash, child-proof door locks, etc. Cooperation with military clients inspired the company to create both military and civil cars with stronger coatings.
Being strongly associated with the high quality and driver-friendly technologies, the company remains one of the most recognizable producers worldwide. The Ford company has been operated by the Ford family for more than a century.
Company's ProfileYear of Incorporation: 1903
Founder: Henry Ford
Key people: William Clay Ford Jr., Jim Hackett
Location of headquarters: Michigan, US
Location of factories: USA, Brazil, Thailand, France, UK, China, Germany, Canada, Mexico, India, Taiwan, South Africa, Turkey, Russia, Romania, Slovakia, Vietnam, Argentina, Venezuela, Spain
Company’s slogan: Go further
Types of produced cars: sedans, performance cars, MPVs, SUVs, vans, tracks